Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Candy Crush cake for Leisa


Last week my good friend Leisa came to visit from Hong Kong. We are both huge Candy Crush addicts (it's a game we play via facebook). We had a quiet dinner out with her Mum & Dad and another special friend. But as always - I wanted to make a cake to celebrate. This is what I came up with.


I had a lot of fun with this, I printed the images from the game on edible paper and glued on to the cake, which was covered in baby blue Satin Ice fondant. I wanted all of the candy on the cake to be the same colours and shapes it is on the game. A trip around the corner from Kiwicakes to my local Bin Inn proved a fruitful trip, I was able to find most everything. The pink floral cachous candy I added the black centre to with fondant, so it properly matched the game. I couldn't find anything that looked like the purple flower candy so I made them with purple chocolate modelling paste using a floral silicone mould.


The photo in the little gold frame is of one of Leisa's work posters (she is a fitness instructor). I used this silicone mould to create the frame in yellow gumpaste, which I then painted gold using gold metallic paint.


The top cake was white chocolate with white chocolate raspberry buttercream. The bottom cake was chocolate with hazelnut praline filling (a.k.a Nutella)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...